Friday, August 17, 2007

Thy Holy Feet

Nin Tirupadattil – Thy Holy Feet

Today there was no public darshan so Amma came to bhajans directly from her room looking fresh and vibrant with many children around her.
The bhajans were sweet as always. The songs were:

  • Nandakumara Vanditarupa
  • Mauna Ghanamritam
  • Adi Parashakti
  • Makaranda Madhurya
  • Mithi Madhuri
  • Nin Tirupadattil Vinita Papi
  • Om Namah Shivaya
  • Amma Amma Taye

I haven’t heard Amma sing the song Nin Tirupadattil Vinita Papi very much in recent years. Very profound song with so nice lyrics:

This sinner has fallen at Thy holy feet and is crying with an aching heart. Kindly remove my fears and bring joy to my heart, O God.

Thou art not just hymns and songs, but the lawgiver who looks after human hearts.

I have no strength. The all-powerful One surely has mercy on the helpless.
Give me Thy blessing in the darkness of this earthly life.

Protect the boat of my life from being sunk in the waves. Give me strength to remember Thy Divine Form, O Lord!

Vishwanath
17 August 2007

No comments: