Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Amritapuri Comes To Life

Our dear Amma arrived back in Amritapuri around noon yesterday. Today she already distributed Prasad lunch. The bliss of receiving food blessed by Amma after a long time of separation is something that I won’t try to describe. And even more blissful is just basking in her presence and letting it purify and uplift one’s deprived spirit. There is nothing in the world that can come even close to being as holy and uplifting as Amma’s presence. There are some people who say that through esoteric tantric or yogic techniques, or through studying the scriptures one will gain the highest goal of life, but I feel that even five minutes in Amma’s presence is equal to lifetimes of such practices. Only in Amma’s grace do we really live and realize anything worth realizing. Outside Amma’s grace we may find a little intellectual satisfaction or some sense of vague feel-good but true immersion in the seemingly unattainable, unimaginable and Infinite Reality that is beyond all can happen only through Her Grace. But this doesn’t of course mean that Her Grace cannot come to different people through different means and ways.

Amma sang many old bhajans tonight. Maybe coming back to Amritapuri triggers memories of the old days in her mind when she used be able to immerse herself in divine moods and wonder around the coconut groves and ocean side completely immersed in the Divine. The songs tonight were:

  • Sri Krishna Saranam
  • Oru Nalum Piriyattorma
  • Kannante Kalocha
  • Amme Bhagavati Nityakanye
  • Bala Gopala Bhaja (Kannad)
  • Enaikakka Unaiyantri (Tamil)
  • Om Namah Shivaya
  • Jai Janani Jai Ho Teri (Hindi)



Vishwanath
7 August 2007

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OM AMRITESHWARYAI NAMAHA

Thanks for posting night bhajans!!! Thanks to all of you for all reports, photos and videos on our beloved Mother!!! Living so far, it is a grace, a great gift to see and hear and read what is happening around Mother!!! I will never be able to express my gratitude!!!!
In Amma's Love
Kalpalatha-Italy

Anonymous said...

I cannot agree with you. After 5 mins, the experience is usually diluted because of erroneously feeling that She is away. From my study, I learnt the goal is reached only when one drops the mind, all concepts, including Her form. Then only will one see God in everything, even outside Her 'form'.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous..
You can't be serious?

So let me get this straight..
When you are not in Amma's physical presence you don't get joy out of hearing and knowing what is happening around her?

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of agony and pain amalgamated when mother leaves a paricular city after days of programme.But the fact is, the moment i feel she is not with me, she gives me some indication of her infinite aura like...either her rose scented odour clouds me or someone comes to me and speaks about Her. How can i blame she is not with me???!

In AMMA's feet,
Her child.

shaktidas said...

I love your posts. My gratitude is unending. Amma never leaves me even when physically She is apart. Hearing dilutes nothing for me . I love Her leelas and the day to day ashram experience. I love the bhajans...I can hear her sing them.
The physical form of the Guru is a great blessing; one that I hope to experience until She chooses otherwise. My pranams.