Monday, August 20, 2007

Mind, Speech and Action

Through Mind, Speech and Action

Tonight Amma treated us to the following Bhajans:

  • Sri Krishna Saranam
  • Azhikullil
  • Jagadiswari Janamanaharini
  • Nirajanam (Telugu)
  • Bholanatha Re (Hindi)
  • Manasa Vacha
  • Enaikakka Unaiyantri (Tamil)
  • Jai Jai Janani Jai Ho Teri (Hindi)

The old song Manasa Vacha Karmana is just so beautiful that I could stay up a whole night listening to Amma singing it. The lyrics are so sweet:

Through my mind, speech and actions I am remembering Thee incessantly.
I am a miserable destitute. I have none but you, O Mother.
Give me some peace of mind lest I become a lunatic.
Please stop your tests, extend your hand and pull me up.
O Darling Mother, Please grant me a little relief!

Vishwanath
20 August 2007

No comments: