Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Innocent Observation

After a weekend of long darshans Amma came today for bhajans again. It was a really nice set with a few very new ones interspersed with a couple of classic ones.

There was one little Indian boy sitting next to me during bhajans who was staring at me for some time and then commenced make a very innocent observation. Suddenly he turned to me and said: “You know, you are very red.”, which is true because today I was out in the sun for a fairly long time and having fair skin I cannot stand strong sunlight. I said to him: “Yes, too much sun.” Next the boy said something that really made me smile. He said: “It’s a good thing that I’m already brown.” Isn’t that great? He said it with such innocence and confidence that I really couldn’t but wonder at his lack of self consciousness. I know this incident doesn’t relate to Amma directly, but it does touch on subject the subject of innocence that she likes to touch upon often and I just wanted to share it because it made me smile.

The songs tonight were:

  • He Gananayaka Siddhivinayaka
  • Krishna Govinda Gopala Ram
  • Varalunna Hridayattil
  • Niilanjanamizhi
  • Meri Hridaya Sree Rama Base (Hindi)
  • Aldbhuta Charitre
  • Chintakalkantyam
  • Om Namah Shivaya
  • Ni Intri Verarumillai (Tamil)
  • Jai Janani Jai Ho Teri (Hindi)

Vishwanath
13 August 2007

No comments: